Estonia’s actions are guided by the following principles:
- We base our actions on international law, including international humanitarian law and human rights, and the rule of law.
- We will protect fundamental values, including human rights and human dignity. We highlight the connection between international security, international law and human rights, as well as the importance of conflict prevention. We wish to make sure that the rights of women and children are protected in conflicts.
- We wish to increase awareness among Security Council members on the applicability of international law and cybersecurity norms.
- We will highlight aspects of currently valid international law and its development that are essentially connected to the birth of the Republic of Estonia; we will underscore the importance of the policy of non-recognition.
- We support limiting veto rights in situations that concern genocide or other crimes against humanity. We consider it important for the international community to condemn crimes that are motivated by anti-humanitarian ideologies and committed by criminal regimes.